Toronto Criminal Defence Lawyer
Experienced Criminal Advocacy
If you are facing criminal charges, it is critical that you secure the services of an experienced Toronto criminal defence lawyer as soon as possible. The consequences of a conviction for a criminal offence can be extremely severe. Having the right representation on your side can help ensure your rights are protected.
For those with no prior criminal record, a first criminal conviction can change everything. Many describe acquiring a criminal record as a life-changing event and a barrier to leading a full and productive life. With increasing frequency, employers ask for a criminal record check as a condition of employment. A person with a criminal record may be unable to find work and is likely to stay in “unemployment jail” for a very long time. A criminal record also means that a person faces barriers to contributing to their community, volunteering at their children’s school or being able to travel freely, including for their employment.
Being convicted of a criminal offence can mean the loss of a job, professional accreditation, or continued eligibility for public housing and social assistance. The impact of a conviction on a family law proceeding could include a parent losing access to his or her child. For a non-citizen, it can result in deportation from Canada. For others, it can lead to the end of an existing course of study or travel restrictions that will have an impact on employment.
If convicted, a person may suffer the following secondary consequences:
- Immediate loss of existing livelihood or professional accreditation
- Immediate loss of existing or planned educational opportunity
- Significant impact on access to family and child custody
- Risk of deportation
- Immediate loss of public housing, social assistance, or other benefits or social services
- Risk of being added to sexual offender registries
I represent clients throughout the greater Toronto area facing a broad variety of criminal law charges. I am committed to the protection of the rights and the freedom of my clients. All defendants deserve experienced, prepared, strong and committed representation, and that is the level of service I strive to provide in every case.
Effective Criminal Defence Law Since 1985
Since 1985, I have been practising criminal law acquiring experience and comprehensive knowledge in a broad variety of criminal law and related areas, ranging from theft to drug offences to offences involving extreme violence. I prepare every case as if it is going to trial, and I have an established track record of success at all trial court levels. If your case requires a jury trial, I have the necessary experience, advocacy skills and confidence to convincingly argue your case to the jury.
My clients appreciate the level of service they receive. I am diligent at keeping you informed about the progress of your case, and I will send you reporting letters at each major step. Either I or a skilled member of my team will make court appearances on your behalf whenever possible so you do not have to take time away from work or other responsibilities.
Information about being a surety for someone on bail is available here.
Information on the completion of your bail hearing is available here
Call Defence Lawyer Anthony De Marco for a Free Consultation
Contact my Toronto, Ontario, office today to discuss your criminal law matter. I offer a free 30-minute consultation without obligation. For your convenience, I offer reasonable payment plans. I also accept Legal Aid in most cases. You can reach me by phone at 416-651-2299 or toll free at 1-888-399-3164 or by e-mail.
- Sexual Assault
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Human Trafficking, Kidnapping, Forcible Confinement
- Sexual Interference, Invitation to Sexual Touching, Sexual Exploitation
- Child Pornography, Internet Child Luring
- Domestic Assault, Threatening, Criminal Harassment
- Criminal Harassment, Communicating Indecent, False or Harassing Information
- Violent Offences
- Armed Robbery, Robbery with a Firearm, Extortion
- Firearm, Gun and Weapons Offences
- Murder, Manslaughter, Homicide
- Attempted Murder
- Identity Fraud, Identity Theft
- Forgery, False Pretences
- Obstruction Of Justice, Perjury
- Mischief, Property Offences, Arson
- Break and Enter, Home Invasion Offences
- Dangerous Driving, Criminal Negligence, Impaired Driving, Driving While Over 80 mgs.
- Drug Trafficking
- Drug Possession
- Drug Importing
- Representing Clients Through Legal Aid Ontario (LAO), Rowbotham Orders and Pro Bono
- Not Criminally Responsible (NCR) Applications